There have been few if any reports coming out showing the effect that the radiation was having on the fishing industry off the Japanese mainland. However, there has been speculation that most of the fish oof the coast of Honshu Island near the Fukushima plant has been contaminated by high levels of dangerous radioactive elements, and made unsuitable for human consumption. This alone will be disastrous for Japan, due to its dependence on fish as a primary food source for the Japanese population.
What has not been reported so far has been the effect of radioactive fallout from Fukushima on wildlife here in North America... Until now.... Right now, I want to present a new report that comes from the website: Energy News, at www.enenews.com, entitled: "Reuters: Radiation Tests Underway On Dead And Diseased Seals In Alaska — Suffering Bleeding Lesions, Hair Loss ", that gives a very alarming report on what could be an ecological disaster happening right now in Alaska as a result of the fallout from the Fukushima disaster! I have that entire report right here, and I do have some additional comments to follow:
By ENENEWS ADMIN
Reuters: Radiation tests underway on dead and diseased seals in Alaska — Suffering bleeding lesions, hair loss (PHOTO)
Scientists in Alaska are investigating whether local seals are being sickened by radiation from Japan’s crippled Fukushima nuclear plant. [...]Biologists at first thought the seals were suffering from a virus, but they have so far been unable to identify one, and tests are now underway to find out if radiation is a factor. [...]
- Scores [multiples of twenty] of ring seals have washed up
- On Alaska’s Arctic coastline
- Since July
- Bleeding lesions on the hind flippers
- Irritated skin around the nose and eyes
- Patchy hair loss on the animals’ fur coats
- “We recently received samples of seal tissue from diseased animals captured near St Lawrence Island with a request to examine the material for radioactivity”
- “There is concern expressed by some members of the local communities that there may be some relationship to the Fukushima nuclear reactor’s damage”
- “[Test results would not be available for] several weeks”
- Alaska registers highest radiation in US after Fukushima
- Report: NRC analysis indicated "elevated child thyroid" in Alaska, Pacific island... With only 1 of 3 reactor cores releasing radiation (PHOTO)
NTS Notes: OK, Do I will state the obvious here? These Alaskan seals are NOT suffering from any "virus", but are most probably succumbing to the effects of radiation poisoning.
It will be most interesting to see what these experts have to say once their radiation tests are concluded. I can almost bet that they will downplay any of the test results...
When those final test results on these seals does come out, I will definitely follow up this article with another one that has that information.
What we have here is probably the first evidence of wildlife damage in North America from the effects of radiation from the Fukushima disaster. And with the disaster still not under control, and deadly radiation still pouring out from the failed reactors, I guarantee that we have not seen the last...
The question that everyone should ask themselves is this: If this is the result of Fukushima radioactive fallout on wildlife, then what effect is it having on the HUMAN population?
More to come