Many people are still unaware of the dangers of the much hyped replacement of safe and proven incandescent light bulbs, which are the mercury filled Compact Fluorescent Lamps.. (CFL for short)...
These CFL devices were originally heralded as the future of light bulbs, because they were thought to be safe and use less electricity than incandescent bulbs. However, the light that these devices produce has already been found to make many people sick, and if one of these bulbs breaks by accident, then good luck to you... A hazardous material team will be required to remove the deadly mercury from the environment which can cost the consumer thousands of dollars! Another factor is that these devices were originally said to have a longer life than incandescent bulbs, but purchasers of CFL bulbs have soon found out that they absolutely do not last nearly as long!
Those are only a few of the hazards of CFL bulbs. I want to present the following article, from the Mail Online news service out of the United Kingdom, at www.dailymail.co.uk, entitled: "Fire Hazard Fears Over Compact Fluorescent Lamps - After They've Stopped Working", which shows a newly discovered, and very deadly consequence, of the usage of these dangerous devices.. I have that entire article for my own readers to view, and I do have some more comments to follow:
Fire hazard fears over compact fluorescent lamps - after they've stopped working
NTS Notes: In the sick pursuit of a "Greener" world, the proponents of these CFL bulbs have failed to look more closely at the consequences of using these devices...
So now we have the following list of problems with CFL devices:
(1) Light from these devices makes many people sick.
(2) EMF radiation from these devices has many health hazards for the users, some are still unknown.
(3) Mercury vapour in these devices is deadly to human health, known to cause a wide variety of neurological disorders.
(4) Accidental breakage of these devices will set back the user thousands of dollars for cleanup, due to the release of deadly mercury vapour into a home.
(5) They do not last nearly as long as safer and proven incandescent bulbs even though constantly touted as doing so!
and we can add the following to that list:
(6) When the CFL device burns out... They can become a severe fire hazard!
As far as I am concerned.. I have seen enough to understand that personally I will in absolutely no shape or form ever purchase these devices for my own home!
Again, I must ask... When will the people here in North America go to their government representatives and halt the impending legislations to have these dangerous devices replace safe incandescent bulbs? That time is NOW!!!!
More to come