Monday, November 21, 2016

Changes To This Blog... Some Not By Choice

As readers have noticed, there have been a few "changes" to the layout of this blog....

I was tinkering around with the design of this blog's layout over the weekend, and somehow my settings all got screwed up (probably my own fault...)and I was unable to restore the settings to my previous images and formatting...

I was finally able to restore much of my material after further tinkering, and my apologies to everyone that usually comes here and expects to see what they have seen for years now..

My apologies to everyone if they find this blog visually not to their liking.... I will continue to fiddle around with the settings over the next while and try to find something that I find appealing and what everyone else will find appealing as well.....

If you do not like this set up, let me know in the comments.....

Thanks and as usual..

More to come

NTS

6 comments:

greencrow said...

Hi NTS:

My condolences on the loss of your usual blog design. I know how upsetting that can be, having almost lost mine several times through "tinkering". "Blogger" does not allow for creativity in blog design...they have their very old templates...and we are forced to choose something that is not really our style. Your current template, as an example, is Penny for you thoughts old template which she discarded before discarding the one before the one she has now. I would love to update mine but don't see any template that allows me to have my little "greencrow" icon up on the masthead.

For all we bloggers contribute to "Blogger" free of charge...you would think they could come up with some templates that allow us more control over the colour, design and insertion of interesting photos and graphics.

Good luck and I hope you are able to restore your original one soon. I thought the bright sky blue at the top was "You" and it reminded me of the wide-open skies of central Canada.

gc

Northerntruthseeker said...

For the moment, I will leave the present design and try tinkering with it soon...

I agree that Blogger is not the best, and it does for the worse reasons curtail any changes...

What I was attempting to do in the first place was to try to change things up in the original design that I have had for the last 6 years.... I figured it was time for a major change and I tried several templates and changes, and when I did not like them, and tried to restore the original design, I could not!!!! I then spent hours trying to figure out where I screwed up but to no avail...

Again, it is frustrating, and I guess now all of those changes that I had been planning anyways for years now has been forced upon me...

NTS

greencrow said...

Good to know...because I, too, am thinking and wanting to update/change my design. But I will not, because of your "cautionary tale".

Whitewraithe~ said...

I love the new setting, hope you will keep it.

Thanks for putting up my video.

TTYL.

hunt said...

Preferred the new site. Easier to read.

Northerntruthseeker said...

Well, I guess I will keep the present settings for now...

Yes, I have had some emails and comments saying that they like the new look for it is easier to read.. That has always been the focus of this blog, to get people information... And therefore to have fancy settings and "bells and whistles" does not make sense...