For this article, I want to present the following report from the website: "The American Dream" at www.endoftheamericandream.com, entitled: "15 Statistics Which Prove That The US Economy Is In Much Worse Shape Than Most Americans Think". It gives damning and disturbing evidence on how the United States is at almost the point of "no return" economically! I do have some comments to follow:
But many Americans don't even realize what is happening. As I wrote about recently, Americans are increasingly being segregated by income. If you live in a "good neighborhood", there is a decent chance that you might not know anyone that is having financial problems right now. If you live in a "bad neighborhood", it might feel like you are living in the middle of the Great Depression.
We live such insulated lives today. We all get into our cars, go to work, get back into our cars, drive to the store, get back into our cars and drive home. For most of us, interactions with other human beings are fairly limited. Our perception of what is going on "in the real world" is greatly shaped by what the mainstream media tells us.
And the mainstream is constantly telling us that everything is going to be okay.
But is that the truth?
The following are 15 statistics which prove that the U.S. economy is in much worse shape than most Americans think....
#1 According to U.S. Representative Betty Sutton, America has lost an average of 15 manufacturing facilities a day over the last 10 years.
#2 Sadly, it looks like this trend is picking up momentum. During 2010, an average of 23 manufacturing facilities a day closed down in the United States.
#3 Since 2001, the U.S. has lost a total of more than 56,000 manufacturing facilities.
#4 There are way too few jobs and this is leaving a lot of people out in the cold. The average amount of time that a worker stays unemployed in the United States is now a whopping 39 weeks.
#5 Only 48 percent of all unemployed Americans are currently getting unemployment checks from the government. Early last year, that number was at 75 percent.
#6 There doesn't seem to be much hope that the job market will improve significantly any time soon. One recent survey found that 77 percent of all U.S. small businesses do not plans to hire any more workers.
#7 Without enough good jobs to go around, millions of Americans are losing their homes. Over the past four years, more than 100,000 homes in Las Vegas alone have been lost to foreclosure.
#8 As the economy struggles, new home sales continue to suffer as well. In fact, new home construction is poised to set a brand new all-time record low in 2011.
#9 As family budgets get tighter, Americans are saving less money and a significant percentage of them say that they have no extra money left to spend at this point. The savings rate in the United States in September was the lowest that it has been since December 2007, and according to one recent survey one-third of all Americans say that they have absolutely no spare cash to spend on anything right now.
#10 According to one recent survey, one out of every three Americans would not be able to make a mortgage or rent payment next month if they suddenly lost their current job.
#11 If you can believe it, extreme poverty is now at the highest level that the U.S. government has ever recorded. Today, more than one out of every seven Americans is living in poverty and more than 20 million of them are considered to be living in extreme poverty.
#12 State and local governments all over the country have gotten into massive debt problems. At this point, the municipal bond market in the United States is coming apart at the seams. The following is a brief excerpt from a recent article that appeared on biggovernment.com....
Moody’s Credit Rating Service just announced the ominous trend that credit quality in the municipal bond market is falling at the fastest rate since the collapse of Lehman Brothers in 2008. Data released showed that 5.3 times as many municipal bonds were credit downgraded over the three last months than were upgraded.
#13 Today, more Americans than ever are relying on the government in order to survive. A staggering 48.5% of all Americans live in a household that receives some form of government benefits. Back in 1983, that number was below 30 percent.
#14 Young people in particular have been hit really hard by this economy. If you can believe it, 37 percent of all U.S. households that are led by someone under the age of 35 have a net worth of zero or less than zero.
#15 The "wealth gap" between older Americans and younger Americans continues to grow. According to an analysis of Census Bureau data done by the Pew Research Center, the median net worth for households led by someone 65 years of age or older is 47 times greater than the median net worth for households led by someone under the age of 35.
If you are doing good in the economy, you should be very thankful because there are tens of millions of Americans out there that are deeply, deeply suffering.
Most Americans understand that something is wrong with this country. According to a recent Fox News poll, 76 percent of all Americans are "dissatisfied with how things are going in the country". At the beginning of this year, that number was only at 61 percent.
So obviously frustration is rising and a lot of Americans are extremely pessimistic right now. But most of them also believe that things will get better soon if only they vote the "correct" politician into office.
So what do you think?
Do you believe that you have the answer to the economic problems facing this country?
If so, please feel free to leave your "economic plan" in the comments section below....
NTS Notes: The last comment in this American Dream article asks for solutions for the present American crisis... I can think of a few:
(1) End the Federal Reserve System immediately. The Federal Reserve System in the United States is as federal as Federal Express and is owned NOT by the US Government but is entirely a Jewish controlled private banking consortium that prints money out of thin air and lends this phony money to the US Government at interest! That accrued interest DEBT over the last 98 years of the existence of this crooked outfit now sits at over 15 TRILLION dollars (at least), and must be immediately retired!
(2) End the DEBT!.... The present American debt is a total fraud and is owed to criminal bankers who created the mess that the United States of America is presently suffering from in the first place.
(3) Pass a law that prohibits the printing and issuance of money by any private bank, period and for all time. And incorporate into this law that all money is to be printed and issued ONLY by the US Government itself absolutely INTEREST FREE!
(4) Outlaw the criminal Income Tax system and ban the IRS. Again, the IRS is absolutely not a government entity but run by private interests. It is also a fact that the 16th amendment to the US constitution that would have made Income Taxation legal was NEVER ratified. Therefore, NOBODY in the United States today has to pay any federal Income Tax. Outlawing the IRS would instantly free up billions of dollars to US citizens that could be used to fuel a revitalized economy!
(5) Stop the off-shoring of manufacturing jobs immediately, and bring back a tariff system. The so called Free trade agreements between the United States and other nations are a fraud which brought about the sending of manufacturing jobs overseas. That must be ended to force corporations to manufacture goods in America for Americans, and thus bring manufacturing jobs back to Americans!
(6) End all wars, bring the troops home, and absolutely cut the grotesque US military budget. This would end the multi-billion dollar drain on the US citizens and hopefully put the money spent on foreign wars and military hardware to instead help rebuild American industries and infrastructure.
(7) STOP all so called "aid" to the criminal state of Israel. Americans are starving on the streets while their slave government obediently sends at least 3 BILLION dollars in so called "aid" to that criminal nation. Since Israel possesses nuclear weapons, they are in clear violation of the 1977 Symington Agreement that bans any aid to a nation that is not a signor of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. Israel has never signed that treaty, and therefore all that the US Government has to do is finally enforce the Symington Agreement and all aid ends immediately!
(8) End ALL illegal immigration and send all illegal immigrants back to their nation of origin. America's borders have been wide open for too long for these people to illegally come in and bleed social programs to death! Some may call this one harsh, but is there any other real choice?
(9) End ALL "Dual Citizenship" in America... Either the people make the choice that they stand behind their country as Americans, or they can leave! Many of these so called "dual citizens" in America today have absolutely NO allegiance to the US and must be thrown out of the country immediately.
There... 9 key answers to the last question asked in the American Dream article about coming up with a real economic plan. It may not be perfect, but this list is much better than the alternative for America, which is total economic collapse and destruction of that once great nation once and for all.
More to come