For this article, I want to present a great article from Poor Richard's blog, at www.poorrichards-blog.blogspot.com, entitled: "Sixteen Things Libya Will Never See Again", for my own readers to view. It is really sickening to see what the Libyan people had enjoyed that we really only wish we could have. I do have some comments to follow:
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at zero percent interest by law.
3. Having a home considered a human right in Libya.
4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 dinar (U.S.$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.
5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25 percent of Libyans were literate. Today, the figure is 83 percent.
6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kickstart their farms are all for free.
7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need, the government funds them to go abroad, for it is not only paid for, but they get a U.S.$2,300/month for accommodation and car allowance.
8. If a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidizes 50 percent of the price.
9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.
10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amounting to $150 billion are now frozen globally.
11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession, as if he or she is employed, until employment is found.
12. A portion of every Libyan oil sale is credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
13. A mother who gives birth to a child receive U.S.$5,000.
14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $0.15.
15. 25 percent of Libyans have a university degree.
16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Manmade River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.
NTS Notes: Damn it.. Now I can see now why we attacked Libya... Life was absolutely so terrible under Muhammar Gadaffi as shown by this list of what Libya had under his "brutal" dictatorship!
And on top of these sixteen benefits that Muhammar Gadaffi had given to their people, we have NOW given them bombed out cities, a ruined economy, and 4.3 billion years of subjugation to the hell of depleted Uranium to boot!
I for one am truly sickened to see how my own nation, Canada, had partaken in this murderous campaign in Libya that cost the lives of some 50,000+ innocent civilians, and also wounded or crippled some 100,000+ more... It is truly a proud day to be a Canadian...
And just as a reminder of how life under Muhammar Gadaffi was so "terrible" for the Libyan people, I want to present again a fine video that shows how great Libya was under his so called "tyranny":
Lets get the real truth out about Libya once and for all... If we do not stop these criminals and their want to destroy peaceful nations, then Syria, and Iran, will be next!
More to come