I, like others, use Credit Cards for major purchases, especially at this time of year.... All credit card companies make their profits by their nominal fees that are charged to retailers (swiping fees) and fees, primarily in interest charges, charged to the card users themselves.
Of course, these Credit Card companies also pride themselves in giving back a small amount of their massive profits in the form of "charitable" donations. But from the following article that I came across, courtesy of www.crikey.com.au, WHERE they send their "charitable" donations will shock you. Here is that article:
Funding illegal Israeli settlements?
- The Shuva Israel group, an evangelical Christian group based in Texas, is accused by Israeli group Gush Shalom of channelling money to fund the illegal West Bank settlement of Revava. You can donate to it, says the Shuva Israel website, via Mastercard, Visa and Paypal.
- The One Israel Fund, used as an example in the International Crisis Group report, boasts of being “the largest North American charity whose efforts are dedicated solely to the citizens and communities of Yesha”. You can donate to the One Israel Fund, according to its website, via Mastercard, Visa and Amex.
- The website of another right-wing Christian group, the Christian Friends of Israeli Communities describes support for settlements like Argaman, which are illegal under international law. You can donate, their website says, via Mastercard, Visa and PayPal.
- One of the highest-profile groups is the Hebron Fund, the centre of a 2009 row when the New York Mets were criticised for hosting a fundraising dinner for the group. It provides extensive support for the extraordinarily aggressive Hebron settlement, described by one Israeli group as “an ongoing war crime”, while the Fund itself has been linked to praise for an Israeli mass murderer. According to its website, it receives donations via all major credit cards.
- Worst of all is the extremist SOS Israel group, which has incurred even the wrath of the Israeli Defence Force by rewarding Israeli soldiers who disobey orders to evict settlers from illegal outposts (i.e. inciting mutiny), and which has offered a bounty for Palestinians shot by IDF soldiers. The SOS Israel website describes a number of ways you can make your “generous donation” to it, including credit cards. Crikey’s token $2 donation via a Visa card was successful last night.
NTS Notes: Since I never ask (and never will ask) for any donations for this site myself, I have never opened a PayPal account. But I am aware of the troubles that other real truth seekers have had with PayPal because of PayPal labeling them falsely as "hate" sites and therefore closing or refusing their accounts! This evidence shows again who controls all of these organizations and who they answer to.
Giving "charitable" donations to groups that openly go out and displace or outright murder people is just plain WRONG! After reading this report, I went over to my own Mastercard account online, and sent off a comment to them asking for verification as to where their "charitable" donations go.... I am waiting for their response...
Giving Charitable Donations to groups that fund illegal Israeli settlements, and aid in the murder and maiming of innocent Palestinians... Definitely Priceless!
More to come