Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Health Warning: Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs Are Dumping Mercury Directly Into Landfills

With the collapse of the Global Warming farce, it is necessary to turn the public's attention to something that is a direct consequence of the Global Warming fiasco Save The Planet initiatives in the first place: The replacement of incandescent light bulbs with the "recommended", and more expensive, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFL's)!

I put up an article a while ago, talking about the very dangerous nature of these new "Green" CFL's. These bulbs are a hazard to human health, because they contain MERCURY. It is not widely known that if one of these bulbs breaks in your home, then the Mercury contamination by the vapour that is released is deadly to your health. The clean up of the Mercury vapour contamination in a typical home can cost YOU upwards of $3000+ because you will have to hire a hazardous waste crew to come into your home to safely remove the deadly mercury vapour buildup from just one broken bulb. WHY has the general public not made aware of this?

Another factor that people are not aware of is the dangerous radiation emitted by these CFL bulbs. It is a fact that the light emitted by CFL bulbs makes some people sick and nauseous, and these bulbs release high EMF radiation that can cause a multitude of long term health issues. Therefore to replace the standard incandescent light bulbs with these bulbs before proper research has been done into their adverse effects is a ridiculous and ludicrous action by governments! It seems that governments are trying to go "Green" without proper research into the consequences.

Now it seems there is another issue that could effect future generations by this shift to these deadly CFL bulbs. According to this article from, these CFL bulbs will pollute and destroy landfill sites from Mercury contamination, and the leaking Mercury could potentially also destroy water sources by runoff from these sites. Here is the article:

Compact Fluorescent Lights Dumping Mercury Directly into Landfills

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 by: E. Huff, staff writer

(NaturalNews) Compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs have become all the rage over the past several years, touted by many as the preferable "green" way to light a home, save energy, and promote environmental responsibility. While they may use less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs, CFL bulbs are filled with toxic mercury that, when disposed of, contaminates landfills and the environment.

A report released in 2008 from the Maine Department of Environmental Protection revealed that when a CFL bulb is broken, it can release dangerously high levels of mercuryinto the air. Mercury-vapor standards generally allow for 300 nanograms of mercury per cubic meter of air, however a broken CFL bulb can emit upwards of 50,000 nanograms per cubic meter, or more than 166 times the safe upper threshold.

In Toronto, city officials require people to dispose of CFL bulbs at special hazardous waste facilities because they don't want the city's landfills to become contaminated with mercury. While used CFL bulbs are not legally recognized as hazardous waste, they are treated as such because they pose serious environmental threats when broken and released into the environment.

Waste runoff and ground seepage from landfills can contaminate rivers, streams, lakes, reservoirs, and underground water tables. Even though landfills are generally designed to minimize this kind of contamination, the rapidly growing usage of CFL bulbs could have disastrous environmental consequences if they are not disposed of properly.

CFL bulbs also emit high levels of radiation, causing migraine headaches, sleep abnormalities, fatigue, and other health problems. Unlike traditional incandescent bulbs, CFL bulbs emit excessive "dirty energy," or electromagnetic frequencies (EMFs), a fact that has received little attention from those on the mainstream "green" bandwagon who continue to endorse CFLs as the solution to the alleged climate change crisis.

The voltage reduction technology in CFL bulbs causes high amounts of EMF pollution to be emitted. Similar to the kind released from mobile phone antennas and food irradiation machinery, EMF radiation poses serious health threats to humans who are exposed to excessive amounts of it. CFL bulbs have been found to greatly increase EMF exposure as they are often the most significant EMF polluters in homes that use them.

Light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs, on the other hand, are a much safer alternative to CFL bulbs. Those who wish to transition from traditional incandescent bulbs to something that uses less energy would do well to investigate LED alternatives. Although they are typically more expensive than the other technologies due to limited acceptance in the mainstream, they are better for the environment than CFLs and emit far less EMF pollution.

Sources for this story include:

NTS Notes: People need the truth about these CFL bulbs, and quickly. Spread the message around, and absolutely do NOT buy these Mercury filled CFL bulbs. Stock up on safer incandescent bulbs as I have stated before. If you have to switch from incandescent bulbs by law, then buy the much safer LED bulbs exclusively.

The rush to save the planet by going "Green" is definitely showing its consequences. CFL bulbs should be pulled from the market immediately until proper research is conducted, or better and cleaner bulbs can be manufactured.

More to come



kerdasi amaq said...

Do international bankers need to create a market for mercury based products?

Northerntruthseeker said...

If there is a buck to be made, then guaranteed they have their dirty fingers into it!

This article is a warning, kerdasi, to all readers to not jump on the Green bandwagon just yet until they know all of the facts!